Thursday 16 November 2017

Te Araroa Day 24, Central Auckland

Starting km: 595
Finishing km: 595
km walked today: 0!
Another zero day!
Sarah and I spent the day packing up and checking out of her fancy hotel, then moving over to our mates Kim and Brendan's place where we'd spend our final night in Auckland.
We lazed around there a bit, watching the second match of the NZ football team's world cup qualifier against Peru (they lost, meaning they didn't qualify).
Later in the afternoon we went out to a pub in Newmarket to meet our friend Kerry who was visiting from Wellington to attend a tap takeover for his fabulous brewery, Choice Bros.
Along the way we met a few more beer-related friends and had two wonderful dinners.
Thankfully I managed to avoid a repeat of Waipu and managed to limit my beer (and wine) consumption so I didn't feel too bad the next morning.
Kerry and I (and my stout-ice cream float.  With the amount of weight I'm losing I can eat whatever I damn well please!)

No comments:

Post a Comment