Wednesday 15 November 2017

Te Araroa Day 23, Mount Eden to Central Auckland

Starting km: 599ish
Finishing km: 595
km walked today: 4

I'd actually walked this section (or at least connected up with the northern half of my Auckland walk) the previous day.  But Sarah and I had decided to do this bit together, so I'm counting it officially on Day 23





In addition to "officially" walking the trail with Sarah, I'd kind of been making my own way through much of central Auckland, closely but not exactly following the route.  This meant I'd missed out on the climb up to the summit.  We were joined for this wee section by Sarah's co-worker Amanda, so we actually got some non-selfie photos of the two of us!


Another key to Sarah and I doing this section of the walk was a visit to my beloved Galbraith's Alehouse.  This brewpub is one of (quite possibly the) oldest in the country and their bitter is one of my favourite beers of all time.




As such Galbraith's gets two photos.  We followed Galbraith's up with a bit of a pub-crawl and though we were home and in bed right around midnight I still felt a bit worse for wear the next day.  Thank goodness it was a zero day!






1 comment:

  1. I just got to reading the blog and I'm loving each entry Llewy. I'm going to show Des some pictures tomorrow morning. I just kept saying to myself, "I can't believe he's doing this!!!"

    ReplyDelete