Tuesday 14 November 2017

Te Araroa Day 22, Mangere Bridge to Mount Eden


Starting km: 618
Finishing km: 599ish
km walked today: 19

The last real day of walking through Auckland!  It was mostly through residential and light industrial areas, with a few nice bits through parks on the shorline. 







The real highlight of the day was the weather.  Auckland got some big thunderstorms during the day and at one point I found myself walking right towards the darkest bit of one.  Thankfully it had moved off north before I got to it, but still left some good piles of hailstones where it had been not too many minutes before.

Two photos taken seconds apart, one looking ahead into the teeth of the storm, the other back to where I'd come from.

That evening I popped into Lovebucket, one of my favourite bars in Auckland to say hi to my friend Dominic who had come up from Wellington to do a beer tasting for the evening.  He was visitor number two from Wellington (if not one who had come up specifically to see me.  Indeed it was very fun surprising him :-) )


No comments:

Post a Comment