Wednesday 20 December 2017

Te Araroa Day 60, Home to Island Bay

Starting km: 1721
Finishing km: 1733
km covered today: 12

This day marked the day I reached the southern terminus of TAs North Island section (though as I wasn't doing the Wellington region quite in order, it wasn't the day I finished my personal north island walk.)

As with much of the rest of the Wellington section, I'd walked pretty much all of this one before.  Though I'd never actually gone to the trouble to look around the park where it finishes to see what (if anything) was at the endpoint.  As it turned out there was a nice brass plaque stuck a bit oddly right in front of a slightly more informative plastic map.

As I'd walked this section before and was in a bit of a hurry to get it done to head back home and meet Sarah (and other friends) afterwards, I really didn't take many photos of what is actually a very pleasant walk.  But there are a few that I got right at the end.




No comments:

Post a Comment